Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Show Up


An executive in my company has a catchphrase.

“Leaders show up.”

That’s it. It’s her motto for life and business – and she’s very successful at both.

Leaders show up. The more I think about, the deeper I dive into how broad the applications are for these three little words. Here are some questions I’m asking myself.

If you didn’t show up, can you really consider yourself a leader?

If you show up physically but are mentally and emotionally on a different planet, what does that say about how well you’re leading – yourself and your team?

Being a leader means knowing where you’re needed and knowing where you’re not…where am I showing up?

Who always shows up? Who is displaying leadership qualities that I may be overlooking?

Am I one who is leaning in to my commitments and my responsibilities or am I one who is looking for reasons to “stay home”?

How visible is my leadership? Do those following me SEE me present and engaged? What kind of example am I setting? 

Do I show up as a leader against the background of life? Am I recognizable?

Lean forward,

Bekka



No comments:

Post a Comment